Saturday, February 23

Fun in Napa Valley


Up in the hills at dawn to get pictures of the sunrise and blooming mustard in the vineyards.  By 7:30am  I was treated to the wonder of hot air balloons floating and landing all around me.   On top of a hill in Alston Park, at times, the balloons seemed to sneek up on me, floating by at eye level.  How cool is it to be stalked by a hot air balloon!  
So glad I had my video camera with me! 
Videos were condensed because 2 hours of balloons might be a bit much!
Harp Concerto in B flat Major added.......just because it sounds great with balloons!  
Watch in 'full screen'.....it's fun!
 (you know, click on the screen thingy next to the 'YouTube' logo)
A harpy balloon ride is in my future.
Coming through the valley 



Taking pictures of me, taking pictures of them.


Up close to the tree because I thought the balloon wouldn't land on me.....
till the chaser said, "they use the trees as brakes, sometimes."

Eleven balloons landed before I got hungry and went home for breakfast. 
 I did notice that there are no chubby balloon chasers.  
Chasing, hauling and folding up balloons is not for sissies!

Dawn in the vineyard
Mustard and my shadow (to show I really was there. Got a pic of my foot, too....
just for proof, when I'm older and trying to remember the day!)

1 comment:

  1. had fun watching and hearing the balloons-liked your bazaar balloon sense of humor-notes under stills-kinda liked seeing my pict. too- guess who

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Support our Wounded

Harping Around the Coast