Monday, January 28

Groovin On a Sunday Afternoon at Ellis Square

Yesterday was such a Groovy day!


The newly renovated Ellis Square is smack, dab in the center of
 'where it's happening' in Savannah.

City Market is on Ellis Square, has plenty of shops and good restaurants and always seems to have some sort of 'live music' going on.  Paula Dean's 'Lady & Sons' is right around the corner, lively Broughton Street is one block down.  And.....the Andaz Savannah anchors one corner.

The Andaz was having their 1st Bridal Expo so I RSVP'd Ann Mashburn, the Catering Sales Manager,  then waltzed my happy self, along with my friend/videographer Annie, over to Ellis Square for the 1st annual Andaz Bridal Expo.

I like the Andaz approach and concept of using local produce and vendors to service their hotels so, at the Expo on Sunday, I happily munched all of Chef Lauren's delectable creations!   Everything on the menu is supported by local farmers. 
I nibbled delicious cheese from Sweet Grass Dairy up on the terrace. 


 and tried lamb from Hunter Cattle Co.  (a first for me) in the ballroom.
Photo by DreamWeaver Photos


I met and fell in love with Adam Turoni, Savannah's Chocolatier   He still had silver sparkles on his face (so cute) from dusting the Dark Chocolate Silk Filled Bullets.  The Golden Baileys Truffles left me speechless. 

They are 'OMG DELICIOUS'! 


Jamie Weaver with Dreamweaver Photos was there with the DreamWeaver Photo Booth.  
I know for a fact she's an angel/photographer! 


and check out Chris Dooley......duets with an amazing violinist....
what more could a harp girl ask for?



Seems a bit serendipitous that Avia Napa and Avia Savannah were renovated and rebranded with the Hyatt boutique brand 'Andaz' at the same time, and that I claim both cities as my own! 
I know....the renovation/joining happened in spring last year.
so... I'm a bit slow.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Support our Wounded

Harping Around the Coast