Thursday, January 3

Love & the Moon


Moondance
Written/composed byVan Morrison
Well, it's a marvelous night for a moondance 
With the stars up above in your eyes 
A fantabulous night to make romance 
Neath the cover of October skies 
And all the leaves on the trees are falling 
To the sound of the breezes that blow 
And I'm trying to please to the calling 
Of your heart-strings that play soft and low 
And all the nights magic seems to whisper and hush 
And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush 

Chorus: 
Can I just have one a more moondance with you, my love 
Can I just make some more romance with a-you, my love

Blue Moon
Written/composed by Richard Rogers/Lorenz Hart
Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue Moon
You know just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when I looked to the Moon it turned to gold

Blue Moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Fly Me to the Moon
Songwriters: HEWSON, PAUL DAVID / EVANS, DAVE / CLAYTON, ADAM /
 MULLEN, LARRY / CORDES, ATTRELL STEPHEN JR
Fly me to the moon, 
And let me play among the stars. 
Let me see what spring is like, 
On jupiter and mars. 
In other words, hold my hand, 
In other words, darling kiss me. 

Fill my heart with song, 
And let me sing forever more, 
You are all I long for, 
All I worship and adore, 
In other words, please be true, 
In other words, I love you.


Moonlight Serenade
Songwriters: PARISH, MITCHELL/MILLER, GLENN
I stand at your gate and the song that I sing is of moonlight. 
I stand and I wait for the touch of your hand in the June night. 
The roses are sighing a Moonlight Serenade. 
The stars are aglow and tonight how their light sets me dreaming. 
My love, do you know that your eyes are like stars brightly beaming? 
I bring you and sing you a Moonlight Serenade. 
Let us stray till break of day 
In love's valley of dreams. 
Just you and I, a summer sky, 
A heavenly breeze kissing the trees. 

So don't let me wait, come to me tenderly in the June night. 
I stand at your gate and I sing you a song in the moonlight, 
A love song, my darling, a Moonlight Serenade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Support our Wounded

Harping Around the Coast